Thursday, May 30

Our First Anniversary

     *Sigh* Life is good. Jon and I are settling in quite nicely in our new home and this past weekend we also
celebrated our first anniversary! We went away for a few days and stayed at a beautiful lodge in Breckenridge. Went shopping, ate dinner twice one night, relaxed in the hot tub, tried sherry for the first time, talked and laughed about our favorite moments from this past year, took the scenic route home to drive up Mt. Evans (gorgeous view!), and stopped to eat at one of our absolute favorite mountain restaurants and shopped some more.


     This past year has been the best year of my life! I could never have imagined marrying a better man. He's sweet and caring all the time, listens, makes me laugh, and prays with me. He's a hard worker, protector, lover, and genuinely likes me for me. I love that we are still best friends, haven't yelled once, and want to sit next to each other. I honestly thought that this first year was going to be a lot harder, I mean, there are plenty of adjustments that are made that first year. I remember the first day after our wedding I got up to get ready for my day and the bathroom floor was wet. My first thought was "Oh my, we've got a leak!". Well, we didn't have a leak of any sort, I just learned that someone *cough, who shall remain nameless, cough* doesn't dry off before they step out of the shower so, therefore, lakes form at the base of the sink while they fix their hair lol. And who's got two thumbs and gets pruney toes while puttin' on her makeup? ...This girl!


     One of the things Jon learned about me last year, is that I am a throw-it-away-Nazi. If you're not going to wear it, use it, eat it, or read it, it's gone! Growing up I was the same way but my sisters had the opportunity to grow into this stage with me, but poor Jon was just thrust into this with marriage. He has this one pink chair and it was going to be my first order of business to get rid of it. I mean number one it was pink, number two Jon couldn't remember which corner he and his buddy picked it up at, and number three I had never seen him sit in that chair once but he just knew that it was the best chair he had ever had and we had to keep it.


     I fought long and hard for the right to throw away the chair, but he came back at me with a handsome face and a pretty convincing argument. "Babe, but we have to keep it, it's my favorite! It's super comfy too, here let me show you! (he sits in the chair) See, first it rocks, back and forth super smooth, no catches or anything, but, BUT hold on don't lose me here, it swivels! (now he's rocking and swiveling) But watch!, not only is it comfy and rocks and swivels, it turns 360 degrees around and around and never stops! You could spin forever in this thing! See, I'm rocking and swiveling and turning forever and forever!! (he's rocking and swiveling and turning now) Now, can you tell me of one other chair that does those things? Especially turns around and never gets caught... Here, you try! (he sits me in the chair and now I'm rocking...and swiveling...and turning!) Lol, oh man I was caught, the whole scene was just too much to bear and well... we still have that chair. :)


     This first year we learned you gotta listen well, keep learning about each other, sometimes you have to lose to win, to like and to love are totally different but equally important. I'm looking forward to what this next year brings us! Happy anniversary, Babe. :)

Live. Laugh. Love.


No comments:

Post a Comment