Monday, April 22

A Quick Thought From An Omelette Wife

     I've always dreamed of being an "omelette wife". It's kind of like being a "Kool-Aid Mom" but with a different scenario.
     On Sunday Jon had to go to work but my poor man was so tired from working (literally) all hours of the past few nights/mornings working on a project for his company. Anyway, the alarm went off and his arm slid out of bed to hit snooze...and then hit snooze again...and again. On the last snooze he looked at me and said, "Don't let me fall back asleep. I have to get up..."
     We got up and he went to get ready and I decided to make him an on-the-go breakfast! Revolutionary, right?! So, on Sunday, April 21st, 2013 I made my first omelette. :) As I was piling on the cheese, bacon, and green chile it hit me, "I am a wife. I am married. I have a husband... I'm MARRIED! Whoohooooo!"



     We've been married ten months, three weeks, and six days and I still think Jon is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I still rush downtown at the chance to hang out with him. We talk about raising kids in the far future. We go on adventures to hippie towns that we don't even really like. And we eat ice cream and popcorn in bed. Our friendship takes commitment, our marriage takes sacrifice and honesty but it's so worth it!
     I'm glad I get to be an omelette wife that sends her husband off to work with a warm breakfast in his hands and a kiss at the window.

     Live. Laugh. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment