Wednesday, March 13

The Way I See It

     Does anyone else ever get overwhelmed by all the things you have to do at one time? Well, I do! There's work and laundry, keeping up with the bills, cooking, cleaning, photography, errands, reading, blogging, etc. Not to mention all the things I dream about having the time to do like scrapbooking, shopping, DIY, journaling, writing letters, Facetime, and more. There's just not enough time to do it all!
     This past weekend Jon's sweet great-grandmother passed away and we went to New Mexico for the funeral. It was sad, of course, but she lived to be 97 and was as sharp as a tack up until the very end. She and great-grandad left behind a wonderful family and an incredible legacy, so it was good to celebrate her full life. When we got back it seemed everything had piled up while we were gone and I got to the point where I didn't want to do anything but take a nap. I just felt so overwhelmed and discouraged that I didn't have time to finish anything! I literally only had time to wake up late for work, go to work, and eat leftovers for dinner. So, what did I do with the rest of my time? I have no idea! I'm guessing I went into La-la Land Mode...? (La-la Land Mode is when in your head you sing "Clean up, clean up! Everybody do your share! Clean up, clean up! Everybody everywhere!" when in reality you're sitting in bed monotonously chewing on chips.)
     So, while trying to sleep last night I started thinking about a conversation Jon and I had the other day. I had mentioned that I thought I needed to go to the eye doctor because my right eye always feels tired and makes me see spots everyonce in a while and then I said, "Oh my God, I'm going B.L.I.N.D.!!! Babe what am I going to do, I won't be able to see *hyperventaliating breath* and I'll never be able to look into your eyes again *more heavy breathing!* and I won't see our kids *on the verge of freaking out* Aaahhahhh Babe I'm freaking out!!!"
"Wait, but you're not even going blind."
"Oh yeah, I forgot... Anyway, that would totally be tragic, huh?"
"Yeah it would. But we'd survive... and I'd take care of you, of course." :)
     And he would. I have no doubt my dear Jon would lovingly be there to help me in any and every way he could. But in reality I'm not going blind and just for kicks we planned out what we would do if that ever happened.
     All joking aside, the way I see it is that life could be a lot worse. I've determined that anytime I get overwhelmed I'm going to think about going blind, Jon's kisses, and sour gummy octopuses cause I always feel better after each of those things.
     What helps you turn your day around?
    

No comments:

Post a Comment