Tuesday, June 17

The Things I'm Striving For

     Jon started summer school last week to finish earning a degree in marketing and I am incredibly jealous that he's going to classes and has homework to complete. Growing up I absolutely did not love or covet school the way I do now, but I feel I've always had a certain passion for "learning". It's driving me insane to know that he's learning new things and I'm sitting at my desk fiddling with numbers and invoicing customers. Gah!, this just makes me want to go out and learn three new languages and the names of all the constellations or become an expert in European culture or human behavior or something!
     Needless to say, I've been contemplating what I want to do with my life; who I want to be. I believe in my deepest soul I was meant to be a wife, Jon's wife. And as long as I live I will continue to pursue being the best friend, wife, supporter, and confidant that I can be. Also, I love making our house a home, but I'm finding that I can't be a homemaker right now. There's another part of me that we are just discovering and she wants to grow to be somebody and to do something that's a different kind of worth-while.  I just want to go and do, to be out and about, and to experience the world along side Jon instead of hearing about it second-hand. I want to be a professional. I want to have a career. I want to be dependently independent, if that makes any sense...
     Anyway, as for my hopes and dreams and aspirations, here's what I've come up with so far.

What I Want To Do
  1. I want to interact with people and learn their stories.
  2. Know about different histories and cultures.
  3. Travel.
  4. Work my career, not a job.
  5. Bring people closer together.
Who I Want To Be
  1. I want to be an expert in my field, but be someone worth knowing rather than well known.
  2. Confident in myself and my God-given abilities and talents.
  3. A great listener.
  4. An encouragement and inspiration.
  5. Someone that makes everyone feel like a someone.
Live. Laugh. Love.
     ~Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment