Saturday, May 24

It's About Time

     Hello there :) It's so nice of you to be reading this and checking in on us! Sorry I haven't been here in a while, but I've been living life as opposed to just writing about it and it has been fantastic. Busy, of course, but lovely just the same.
     Anyway, I believe it's time for me to get back in to blogging. Jon has been working really hard and I'm working from home all alone again so I've gotten a little bored, and well honestly I've missed writing out my thoughts and sharing stories from our everyday life. So, I'm back!
~

     Memorial Day/weekend is one of my all-time favorite times of the year for two reasons. 1) There's typically a three day weekend involved and 2) our anniversary happens to fall on this specific three day weekend. Whoohoo! (That was great insight on my mom's part, she had the good sense to think of that when we were narrowing down wedding day options) So, for the better part of the next seventy-two hours we will be celebrating our marriage of two years!
     We'll spend tonight enjoying the 'Day of Rock' street concert going on downtown complete with street vendors, food trucks, and protests for "No More GMO's". Lol, oh the hippies never cease to amuse me. ;) Then tomorrow we are leaving for a mini getaway that Jon planned for us. And I have to say I can't believe how on top of things he is when it comes to celebrations and special days, it makes me feel very loved.
    
     Sometimes I am frustrated by the inevitable need to express myself with a vocabulary that is incapable of encompassing the depths of my emotion when it comes to Jon, but I guess that's what I've always wanted; an indescribable love for someone. :) The best way I can think to put it is like this...
     These past two years have only opened my heart to a greater understanding of the true love shared not only by a woman and her man, but of a woman and her God. Because Jon is still, to this day, the best thing that has ever happened to me and our relationship is such a gift! It's not perfect by any means, but I cherish what we have in spite of our hiccups because even in the midst of a fight I am sure that he will never leave. On my frumpy days I am convinced I am still beautiful. When I struggle I have a best friend who is encouraging and points me in the right direction. And at the end of the day when I'm spent, moody, and don't deserve love I am overwhelmed by the image of God I see in this man I call my husband.


     I look forward to all of our days ahead and can't wait to see where life takes us next!
Happy anniversary, Babe. I love you!


Live. Laugh. Love.
     Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment