Wednesday, July 31

Whining About Whining. Oh, Dear...

     I'll be the first to admit it. I'm human, I'm not perfect. Monday I woke up in a great I-love-everything-about-life kind of mood, but sometime halfway through my day I got whiny. Bleck! I hate whiners! (Like literally dislike them with a passion.) So, when I get whiny I end up not liking myself very much because I am being the exact thing that I so despise! And guess what? This makes me even whinier!
     Has anyone ever been so disgusted about their own whining that you whine about... whining? Because I do this!! Don't ask me why, cause it doesn't even make sense in my own mind, but it happens.
     Jon has a few habits that I don't really like and I brought them up the other day, but in a very unsaintly sort of way. Then, a few minutes later I felt bad and proceeded to make up. "Babe, I'm sorry I jumped all over you like that. I didn't mean to and I really should not have talked to you like that. I'm just a horrible person and I was being whiny and nit-picky and naggy and I'm sorry... I just don't know what comes over me sometimes. Oh, I'm so whiny! Why am I like this? I must be a terrible wife, I don't like being like this. Why me?!"
     "It's ok sweetheart, I still love you and it just comes with being a woman so I understand. Don't worry about it."
     "I know, but I feel bad and I don't want to whine and stuff but I just don't know what to do! I'm sorry I'm such a girl sometimes. I wish I could be a boy!"
     "Hey, it's ok. You can be whiny sometimes, you're fine, ok. I love you."
     "I love you too, Babe."
     
     Then later that day at the house Jon asked, "Why are you so quiet? (I shrugged) You're still thinking about earlier huh? (I nodded) Don't feel bad. I'm just going to be me and I'll prolly still slip up on my language now and then, but you can be you and worry about me and tell me I shouldn't say stuff like that, ok? Just be a woman, you're fine." Then a sweet smile and something else escaped his lips.
     "*Gasp!* Jon, how could you say that word! And after we just finished talking about this lol!"
     "I know, I'm sorry Lovely." *Big grin*
     "Haha, right! You're not even sorry at all! Are you?"
     Jon, of course, wasn't sorry and said, "Oh, you're right, I'm not sorry yet. Hold on let me be sorry... (He throws himself on the kitchen floor, thrashing around, shouting) "Woe is me! I'm a horrible person! Aagh, how could I ever forgive myself! (More thrashing and fake crying) I'm so sorry I'm like this, I just want to be a girl! Woe is me! I'll never forgive myself! What an awful man I am. Babe, I'm in agony because I'm so remorseful! Woe is me!"

     Lol, oh my dear Jon! He always knows how to make any situation a hilarious yet teachable moment. I guess the moral of the story is, whining about whining doesn't solve my whining. :) It's something I'm working on.
     Live. Laugh. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment