Tuesday, July 1

Coffee With The Girls

     Today for lunch I took two sweet, beautiful, amazing young women out for some coffee and girl time. I had such a blast and they kept me laughing and laughing the entire time! And the fact that they kept saying, "Bri, you made my week!" actually made my week. :)
     They've been friends since the first grade and will be starting their freshman year of high school together here in a few months. I usually just see them on Wednesday nights at the youth group Jon and I help out at, but I thought it would be fun to have some one on one time and also get to know them on a more relaxed, personal basis. So it was fun to see them "in their element" today and I was really encouraged by their friendship, I guess, because of their easy laughs and how many memories they've made together. They have a lot of "dirt" on each other and love to tease, but you know they can always count on the other one to be there when they need it most.
     Anyway, I've had a desire laid on my heart to reach out and befriend these two lovelies. I just remember what it was like for me going into high school and how life can change so drastically within a few short years. I knew I had my mom and sisters to watch my back for me, but I can't really remember anyone else that I looked up to and thought was cool enough for me to hang out with them or want to become like them. I look back and, obviously I made it through high school ok, but I think I would have enjoyed having someone that I looked up to take an interest in me. And I hope that I can be someone like that for these young women. Someone approachable, honest, fun, godly, dependable, trustworthy, etc. I want to be a stable reminder that it's ok to be a woman...

"Being tender and open is beautiful. As a woman, I feel continually shhh'ed. Too sensitive, too mushy, too wishy-washy, blahblah. Don't let someone steal your tenderness. Don't allow the coldness and fear of others to tarnish your perfectly vulnerable beating heart. Nothing is more powerful than allowing yourself to truly be affected by things. Whether it's a song, a stranger, a mountain, a rain drop, a tea kettle, an article, a sentence, a footstep, feel it all -- look around you. All of this is for you. Take it and have gratitude. Give it and feel love." ~Zooey Deschanel

That they should always stand firm in their faith and what they believe in...


And that life is hard sometimes. It's ok to try and fail, but never to give up on dreaming...

"Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars; to change the world." ~Harriet Tubman 

     Live. Laugh. Love.
~Brianna

No comments:

Post a Comment