Saturday, September 8

To Be or Not To Be...

I grew up with the strict Baptist policy "No Credit Cards", because credit and debt would obviously result in eternal damnation. Well, now that I'm older and married and trying to buy a first car with my husband, I have learned that you need at least 5 lines of credit! Who knew that plastic could actually save you from having to ride the train everyday to work?!
About a week ago my husband's car broke down after we hit a pothole the size of the Grand Canyon. Since then he has diligently replaced spark plugs, gas thingie-ma-bobbies, and shindiggs. But all to no avail! So we went car shopping until the salesman told us we had great credit!, just not enough of it... He also suggested maybe he come over and look at our car. *shrug*
So because I've never owed anybody money and since my husband hasn't financed five laptops, we can't buy a car. Instead, we are reduced to considering how long of a walk five miles would actually be while waiting on a family member's car to be available to borrow.

In life it sometimes seems as if everything hits you at once. Occasionally I get discouraged and cry and don't want to do anything except eat Mandarin oranges and watch Psych. But something that really encourages me is Isaiah 41:10 "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Sometimes things just happen. And you know what, thats o.k. It's ok to be discouraged or have a bad day or cry when you're paycheck isn't as big as you were expecting. But it is also your choice to remember that God is on your side and the way you live out each and every day is a reflection of how much trust you have in Him and His promises. So... make it count. And make today a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment